CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Recent Post

29 Juli 2008

Bikey Eyeing French Move

Andre Bikey is not keen on playing in the Coca Cola Football League Championship in the coming season - and both St Etienne and Rennes are said to be interested.
Bikey still has two years to run on his existing Reading contract, but is reported by the Evening Post to be hoping that a compromise can be reached that will enable him to move on from the Madejski Stadium.
The Royals have already seen Dave Kitson move to Stoke, and Glen Little switch to Portsmouth, although most of manager Steve Coppell‘s squad from last season are still there.
Coppell told the Evening Post: “I don’t expect to lose many players now. We may lose one more, but we’re not under constant threat. I thought there would be a lot more interest in the players.
“It does surprise me. Given the performances over the last three seasons, I would have thought our players would have been targeted more. We had speculative bids, but no real serious back-up from there.”
Bikey is currently with the Cameroon squads for the Olympics, and told Skysports.com: “To be honest, playing in the Championship has never been my ambition. I love the top level, and Reading are in the Championship. I want to play in a top division.
“Playing in France would be good, but England is my preferred choice. I could learn a lot in the top league here, or in France.
“I am open to a transfer, but I have a contract with Reading until 2010.”
Coppell added: “Like the rest of the players, if anyone comes in – as long as it’s a realistic offer – we will put it to the player and he can make his own mind up.
“He wants to be at the Olympics and I think if I was a player it would be exciting, but I think he will be aware that our season starts before he comes back and other people are likely to be in pole position.
“He’s played in World Cup games in the summer and all the players in national sides talk about playing wherever and all of a sudden he finds himself playing in the Championship so I think he would not find it attractive, but as yet I’m not aware of any interest in him.”
Mark Hinton, Goal.com

0 comments: