CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Recent Post

6 Juli 2008

Deco: Me And Lamps Can Work


Having completed his £8 million move from Barcelona, the Portugal international is set to feature heavily as Chelsea look to replace Manchester United as Premiership champions.

With Luiz Felipe Scolari five days into his reign as manager at Stamford Bridge, he will have the task of deciding on his midfield for the season’s start in August, though he is likely to use a similar system to previous manager Avram Grant.

With Michael Essien and Michael Ballack sure-fire starters, it would appear that Scolari will choose from Deco, Mikel or Lampard for the final central midfield spot, though the former is adamant that the pair could work together.

“I think I can be compatible with Lampard on the pitch,” said Deco.

“That is of course something that the trainer (Luiz Felipe Scolari) has to decide – he is in charge.

“But I have seen a lot of Chelsea games on the TV and together Frank and I can create a lot of danger for other teams.”

Whether the two players will unite in the same side is yet to be seen, with Lampard in talks with Inter Milan and former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho over a move to Italy, though Deco is looking forward to seeing out the entirety of his four year deal in West London having come close to a move several years ago.

“I received a great offer from Chelsea because Jose Mourinho wanted me in his new project,” he added.

“I even talked with [Chelsea owner Roman] Abramovich but Porto already had agreed a deal with Barcelona and I had given my word.”
goal.com

0 comments: