CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Recent Post

11 Juli 2008

Gunners Finally land Nasri

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger thinks Samri Nasri will add some quality to his squad after confirming the capture of the France international on a long-term contract for an undisclosed transfer fee.

The 21-year-old, who made two substitute appearances for his country at last month's European Championship, moves to the Emirates Stadium from Marseille.

The attacking midfielder scored 11 goals in 145 appearances for Marseille, helping his clinch a third-place finish last term which was enough to win a place in the 2008-09 Champions League.

Wenger told Arsenal's official website: "We are delighted to be signing Samir Nasri. He is young, quick and technically an outstanding player.

"He has shown great potential with his performances for Marseille and the French national team over the past two seasons and he will add great quality to our squad."

Nasri added: "I'm very happy to become an Arsenal player. It means such a lot to me.

"This is a very important step in my life as a football player because Arsenal is a massive club. I really hope everything will go well for me here.

"I will do my best for Arsenal and its fans and I am honoured to be part of such a great football club."

0 comments: