CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Recent Post

7 Agustus 2008

Legendary Sir Bobby Will Die 'Sooner Rather Than Later'

Robson has been battling the disease since 1991, but all the operations in the world could not prevent him from leading the likes of Porto and Barcelona to trophies.

The former Fulham forward was diagnosed last year with his fifth bout of cancer, after tests revealed that malignant nodules had appeared in his lungs.

And at 75 years of age, Robson admitted that this will be his final fight with the foe he has held at bay for the past 17 years.

However, the ex-Newcastle boss is adamant that he will not let the illness ruin his last days on Earth.

He said in The Sun: “I have accepted what they have told me and I am determined to make the most of what time I have left. I have been fortunate to survive this long. It is thanks to my doctors and their dedication.

“My condition is described as static and has not altered since my last bout of chemotherapy. They have arrested the growth of the tumours on my lungs and I have my next scan shortly.

“I am going to die sooner rather than later. But then everyone has to go sometime and I have enjoyed every minute. I don’t even think about it and my biggest problem today was unrelated, just old-fashioned laryngitis.”

Just as he refuses to let his health problems impede his lifestyle, Robson's renowned generosity has remained similarly unaffected.

Indeed, only yesterday the man who led Ipswich Town to European glory donated £500,000 to help fund a state-of-the-art cancer research centre on Tyneside.

“I am not going to sit around at home thinking about what might or might not happen," Robson added. “I have always found it difficult to turn down good causes and invitations from people I know.

“My family and close friends have always said I should say ‘No’ more often and now is no different."

Mike Maguire

0 comments: